Be Prepared For Storms!
To report an outage after business hours - 4pm through 7am Monday through Thursday, 4 pm Friday through 7am Monday, as well as holidays, members will need to call 1-866-430-4293. During regular business hours, our Bath office may be reached at 607-776-4161 or 800-843-3414 and our Cherry Creek office may be reached at 716-296-5651 or 800-883-8236.
If your lights go off during a storm, be prepared for the power outage. Assemble supplies to have on hand rather than rushing around when the storm is coming and waiting in long lines for milk or bread. Rotate your supplies to keep them fresh and use the following checklist to prepare for power outages:
Have Plenty of Food
- Keep a 3 to 5 day supply of drinking water in plastic bottles (1 gallon of water per person, per day).
- Store a manual can opener with enough nonperishable foods for 3 to 5 days. Don’t forget pet foods!
- Conserve water by using paper plates and plastic utensils.
- Have a camp stove or grill for outdoor cooking.
Stay In Touch
- Have a portable,battery-powered radio and alarm clock.
- Have one non-portable phone that will work even if power is interrupted.
- Plan where to meet and how to communicate with family members if separated.
Keep essential family member contact information near your phone and in your wallet.
Keep Things Going
- Keep plenty of gas in your car.
- Keep extra batteries, matches, propane, charcoal and firewood.
Stay Happy, Healthy and Warm
- Coordinate with neighbors for care of the elderly and disabled living alone.
- Maintain a supply of prescriptions, nonprescription drugs, vitamins and special dietary foods.
- Playing cards, books, drawing and writing supplies, and board games help pass the time.
- Keep sanitary and personal hygiene supplies replenished. Premoistened cleansing towelettes are useful.
- Use plastic trash bags and ties for garbage.
- Put first-aid kits in your home and car.
- Make sure you have cold weather clothing, foul weather gear, blankets and sleeping bags.
- Consider purchasing alternative UL-approved heating devices.
- Use flashlights and other battery-operated lighting instead of candles.
- Keep fire extinguishers fully charged.
- Fill your bathtub with water for bathroom use before the storm (if you have a well).
Check to see current weather conditions.